Meet #ELGL17 attendees.
University of Colorado – Assistant Director of Community Outreach
Before you leave for #ELGL17, what’s the biggest project facing you at work?
As a part of my job, I do a lot of data analysis on our programs and services to ensure quality, learning outcomes, and goal achievement. Since we operate on a July to June fiscal year I will be getting ready to start our year end reports.
Window, middle, or aisle – which is your preferred seat on an airplane?
Aisle… (who says middle?)
When I think of Detroit, I think about…
Home. I grew up about 45 minutes outside of Detroit, so I have spent a lot of time over the last decade in their airport. (PS. Airport Tips – The Coney Island is the best spot for breakfast, and the airport only serves Pepsi products…) I also think about the journey that Detroit has been on, how much it has evolved in my life and how important it is for Michigan.
What’s the best article or book that you’ve read about Detroit?
Although I have lived in Colorado for over a decade, I still read the Detroit Free Press and The Detroit News almost daily, so a lot of articles come to mind. Lately I have been reading a lot Chad Livengood’s (@ChadLivengood) work for Crain’s Detroit. My favorite book on Detroit is Detroit Resurrected by Nathan Bomey, which is about the bankruptcy process. Re-imagining Detroit was also a good one.
Detroit is the home of ‘Motown’. If you started a Motown group, what would you name it?
Ideally I would be able to sing (I can’t), and I would find 4 other Susans and we could be the Suzzies.
Who is the most famous person in your cell phone contacts?
I have no idea.
What question(s) should we have asked?
1. What are you most looking forward to at ELGL17? I am most looking forward to making new friends, and getting to spend some time in Detroit.
2. What is your favorite part of local government? In graduate school I found a new passion for citizen engagement and later was able to combine it with some of the research and data collection/analysis that I also love doing.
- Dan Ralley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
- John Lisle, DC Water
- Chanelle Pough, Bal Harbour Village, FL
- Aaron Stahly, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kevin Knutson, Management Partners
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Doug Shumway, BoardSync
- Lynn Tetley, City of Wyoming, OH
- Angelica Wedell, NRC, Inc.
- Sam Taylor, City of Coeur d’Alene, ID
- N. Zach Ratkai, City of Richland, WA
- Daniel Bourdeau, City of Westland, MI
- Aidan Nevin, Department of Better Technology
- Kristin Youngmeyer, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Ed Krafcik, Soofa
- Alberto Garcia, Westminster (CO) City Councilor
- Laura Hardwicke, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Tom Carroll, Village of Silverton, OH
- Daryl Delabbio, Kent County, MI
- Aly Van Dyke, City of Topeka/City of Austin
- Shanna Draheim, Michigan Municipal League
- Ashley Jacobs, Aiken County, SC
- Cindy Plante, City of Evanston, IL
ELGL C0-Founder. Interim Communications Manager for the City of Tigard, Oregon.