1:00pm - 2:00pm
July 20, 2020
1 PT/3 CT/4 ET
According to the U.S. Treasury, the CARES Act “provides fast and direct economic assistance for American workers and families, small businesses, and preserves jobs for American industries.” But this is hard to see in the wake of furloughs, layoffs, and budget cuts. Where might you find this funding in your own local government? In your Community/Economic Development Department, of course! In this engaging webinar, ELGL and NACCED have teamed up to explore questions such as:
- What activities are eligible under the CARES Act?
- How might my local government think creatively about CARES Act funds?
- How might we use the CARES Act to repurpose employees and avoid furloughs, layoffs, and budget cuts?
- How might we best engage stakeholders in our decisions?
- How might we balance reactive and proactive COVID-19 responses?
Join us for this interactive event to learn more about how your organization can think about CARES Act funding differently and build new relationships across city hall.