[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Six conferences in one day means that the #ELGL16 family is spread across the country – from Durham to Portland (and Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Menlo Park).
ELGL’s mission is to connect, communicate and educate. And while we can promise that each #ELGL16 pop up location will communicate and educate about local government topics, geography makes it hard to truly connect with our amazingly diverse membership.
And so we’re assigning each #ELGL16 attendee to a band. Your #ELGL16 band is your chance to form connections with other ELGL members, even if they’re not attending the same pop-up location as you.
The #ELGL16 planning committee hopes that you’ll find a way to communicate with your bandmates before, during and after the conference. Ways you can do this:
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow them on Twitter
- Friend them on Facebook
- Share your stories from #ELGL16
- Meet up (if you’re at the same pop-up location) and sit next to each other during meals or sessions
- Snap a photo with your band mates and share with the other locations
This is our way of making the nationwide ELGL family a little smaller and more manageable as you continue your public service career. To quote the legendary Steven Van Zandt:
Band members have a special bond. A great band is more than just some people working together. It’s like a highly specialized army unit, or a winning sports team. A unique combination of elements that becomes stronger together than apart.
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Your #ELGL16 Bandmates:” color=”orange” border_width=”2″][vc_column_text]
- Logan Bahr, Association of WA Cities
- Hillary Beata, City of Evanston
- Susan Brown, Town of Chapel Hill, NC
- Tracy Burrows, MRSC
- Erik Fabian, CPBB
- Laurie Garber, City of Carrollton
- Megan George, Portland State University
- Heath Haseloff, Town of Highland Park
- Lorenzo Hines, City of Pacifica, CA
- Ellis Johnson II, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Leah Lockhart, City of Redwood City
- Tracy Martin, Guilford County, NC
- Elizabeth Newton, City of Tigard Oregon
- Jun Nguyen, City of Redwood City
- Holly Opansky, City of Boulder
- Mark Pivon, Bang the Table
- Matt Steer, City of Coppell
- Stephen Stolte, City of Daly City
- Mike Vaughn, Multnomah County, OR
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Your #ELGL16 Inspiration:” color=”orange” border_width=”2″][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/DmeUuoxyt_E”][/vc_column][/vc_row]