#ELGLPopUps land in Charlotte, Dallas, Portland, and Kansas City on September 22. Each event has a school theme which you’ll notice in the agendas. Staying with that theme, we introduce you to those who will be attending a Pop Up event.
You can register for one of the events here.
Name: Steven Buter
Job Title: Budget & Management Analyst
Organization: City of Greensboro, NC
Rank the Pop Up cities (Charlotte, Dallas, Kansas City, Portland).
Portland, Charlotte, Dallas, Kansas City.
Of the schools that you attended, which four schools were the most fun?
The first four.
(True or False) I received a perfect attendance award.
FALSE, I did not receive a perfect attendance award.
In high school, what did you think you would do for a living?
I was considering something in the medical field. Then I took BIO 141 Cellular Biology my first semester in college and switched to a social science.
What was your favorite childhood toy?
I’m not sure if it was a favorite, but I recall being very excited to receive the Bigfoot Crunch Arena one Christmas.
(True or False) I attended a school where the mascot was a bulldog or wildcat.
FALSE, I did not attend a school where the mascot was a bulldog or wildcat.
(Complete the sentence) Instead of doing homework, I would sometimes….
… watch re-runs of I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver, Brady Bunch or any number of other after-school TV shows.
What songs would be on your high school mix tape?
I played THIS Rock N’ 70’s cassette tape on repeat for an entire semester one year, only partially to annoy my sister.
Songs: 1. Black Magic Woman – Santana 2. I Want You To Want Me – Cheap Trick 3. Frankenstein – Edgar Winter 4. Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) – The Hollies 5. I Can Help – Billy Swan 6. More Than a Feeling – Boston 7. Reaper, (Don’t Fear) The – Blue Oyster Cult 8. Come And Get Your Love – Redbone 9. Cruel To Be Kind – Nick Lowe 10. Baby Hold On – Eddie Money
(Complete the sentence) My favorite lunch box was….
… any lunch box containing rice cakes and/or fruit-by-the-foot.
What question(s) should we have asked?
What is your favorite episode of the GovLove podcast?
What is one of your workplace pet peeves?
- Alice McMillan
- Erin Schwie Langston
- Madison Thesing, City of Hillsboro, OR
- Patrice Toney, City of Winston-Salem, NC
- Erica Page, City of Grand Prairie, TX
- Scott Lazenby, City of Lake Oswego, OR
- Justyn Miller, City of Warrenville, IL
- Phil Smith-Hanes, Ellis County, KS
- Sam Anselm, City of Joplin, Missouri
- Leana Johnson, City of White Salmon, WA
- Michelle Wood, City of Belmont, NC
- Abby Owens, City of Plano, Texas
- Alicia Dorsey, City of University Park, Texas
- Leslie Herring, City of Eudora, Kansas
- Jaimie Lorenzini, City of Happy Valley, OR
- Justin Amos, City of Charlotte, NC
- Sherilyn Lombos, City of Tualatin, OR
- Brianna Lennon
- Chief Rob Severance, City of Cleburne, TX
- Travis Newberry, City of Wildwood, Missouri
- Ted Chinn, City of Mesquite, Texas
- Brandi Leos, City of Tigard, Oregon
- Christina Fadenrecht, City of Milwaukie, Oregon
- Mark Van Baale, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Gina Shell, City of Charlotte, NC
- Kylie Bayer-Fertterer, THPRD
- Lauren Panameno, Local Government Federal Credit Union
- Imelda Speck, City of Lancaster, Texas
- Sophie Banner, City of Vancouver, WA
- Katy Crow, City of Lenexa, KS
ELGL C0-Founder. Interim Communications Manager for the City of Tigard, Oregon.