We need a big team to make #CityHallSelfie Day a success! On August 15, people from around the globe will post #CityHallSelfie photos and we need a crackerjack team to help manage the volume of posts. We need four volunteers per hour to do the following:
- Twitter: manage the ELGL50 Twitter account and retweet/comment on incoming #CityHallSelfie photos.
- Facebook: monitor the #CityHallSelfie hashtag and download and post the photos into Facebook albums, tagging the city/local gov in the captions.
- Mapping: monitor the #CityHallSelfie hashtag and log the zip code of the city/local gov into a map.
- Email: monitor the #CityHallSelfie hashtag and create an email list for the participating organizations so they can continue to engage with the trophy/awards program for #CityHallSelfie day.
This sign-up is for ELGL members only. Once we’ve filled all of the volunteer slots, you’ll get information and directions about how to volunteer your time. Click here to sign up for a one hour time slot. Please note that all time slots are shown in PDT, but time slots will start as early as 7:00 a.m EDT.
We’re awarding trophies in the following categories. Have a category idea that’s not listed here? Send us an email and we might add your category for this year’s award ceremony. We’ll have the members choice award again this year – nominations and voting will begin on August 17.
- Best #CityHallSelfie of the Day
- Most Creative #CityHallSelfie
- State With the Most #CityHallSelfies
- Best Dressed #CityHallSelfie
- Best Hat in a #CityHallSelfie
- Best #CityHallSelfie Photography
- Most People in the #CityHallSelfie
- Best Use of #CityHallSelfie Props
- #CityHallSelfie With the Most Famous Person
- Funniest #CityHallSelfie
- Most Historic #CityHallSelfie
- Best #CityHallSelfie Lighting
- Most Selfies Taken by One Person on #CityHallSelfie Day
- #CityHallSelfie From the City With the Largest Population
- #CityHallSelfie From the City With the Smallest Population
- Best #CityHallSelfie by a Newspaper/TV Reporter
- Best #CityHallSelfie by a Citizen
- Best Promotion of #CityHallSelfie by a Government Entity
- Best Promotion of #CityHallSelfie by a Non-Government Entity
- Best #CityHallSelfie Day Wrap Up Video
- Members Choice Award: #CityHallSelfie Excellence
Logos, Media Resources, & Talking Points
Not sure how to explain #CityHallSelfie day to your boss or local reporter? Check out this page, it’s chock full o’ information about #CityHallSelfie day that you can use to encourage your community’s participation. Logo files are attached below for your use on promotional materials, swag, permanent tattoos… most importantly – #CityHallSelfie day is all about fun and local government love.