“Know before you go:” that’s our philosophy with ELGL events. We’re profiling our awesome attendees for #ELGL19 in Durham so you can connect with fellow attendees before the best local government conference in the world, held May 15-17, 2019 in Durham, NC. Register today!
Organizational Development Manager at Albemarle County (VA) Government
What is the most local government-y thing you have done on vacation?
Checked out city halls, to the chagrin and boredom of my children
If I was booking the guests for the GovLove podcast, I would book…
A student early in MPA or someone who has recently entered the workforce. I want to hear more from our future employees about their hopes and dreams and needs and wants from a local govt career.
If you could only have wine OR chocolate for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Dark chocolate. No question.
What’s one thing you want to do/see when you’re in Durham?
I used to visit Durham often when I was in Teach for America in rural NC 20 years ago. I’m curious to see how it’s changed.
#ELGL19 will be a success in my book if this happens:
I can create a couple of lasting connections with other local govt nerds.
Who is your mentor?
Too many people have mentored me to name. I’ve been really lucky.
What’s the most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
Big change management effort to try to standardize and centralize local govt systems and processes, rather than leaving it up to department autonomy and individual preference. So much cheese moving.
What’s your pet peeve?
Meetings with no agenda.
Other #ELGL19 Attendees:
- Nicolette Brennan from Cape Girardeau, MO
- Susan Barkman from Aurora, CO
- Ashley Monroe from Iowa City, IA
- Coty DeArmond from West Covina, CA
- Brian Murphy from the UNC School of Government
- Brian Platt from Jersey City, NJ
- Andrew Brown from Buffalo Grove, IL
- Shannon Mills from Pinellas County, FL
- Mariel Klein from Durham, NC
- Anthony Santiago from The National League of Cities
- Brent Stockwell from Scottsdale, AZ
- Jennifer Casey from Collierville, TN